Bulgaria will Receive the latest Training Simulators for the F-16 Fighters
Bulgaria will receive training simulators for F-16 fighters for training pilots for national and NATO missions from the manufacturer Lockheed Martin. Bulgaria is among the first countries to receive F-16 Block 70 fighters and will have simulators with the latest technical configuration.
Bulgaria will have eight state-of-the-art F-16 Block 70 supersonic fighters. The F-16 Block 70 is a 4th generation fighter with the latest capabilities in NATO's inventory. The fighter provides interoperable capabilities within the Air Force, strengthens partnerships with allies, thus strengthening national defense and security.
“Lockheed Martin's latest generation F-16 training complex allows pilots to train in a fully realistic environment, ensuring mission readiness,” said Chauncey Mcintosh, vice president of Lockheed's training and logistics business.
To train Bulgarian F-16 pilots, the new training complexes will provide a simulation-based environment that replicates all systems, sensors and combat systems. The training system can work in a network, so as to enable pilots to train together in different scenarios in order to receive the most advanced training, under very accessible conditions.
The F-16 Block 70, built in Greenville, South Carolina, features advanced avionics, AESA, upgraded cockpit, advanced combat systems, additional fuel tanks, and an automatic ground collision avoidance system (Auto GCAS), an advanced engine with an industry-unique extended service life of 12,000 hours.
To date, more than 4,500 F-16 fighters have been produced, with about 3,000 F-16s in service in 25 countries, including the United States Air Force. The F-16 has about 19.5 million flight hours and over 13 million flights worldwide.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized
- » Bulgaria will Not Provide S-300 to Ukraine
- » Defense Minister: We are discussing a Response to Russia's actions in the Bulgarian Exclusive Zone in the Black Sea
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia's Black Sea Exercises in our Economic Zone are a Provocation
- » Bulgaria: Former Instructor in Ukraine’s Interior Ministry is the New Head of the Terem Weapons Plants