CNN: The United States is Considering Sending up to 1,000 Troops to Bulgaria
The United States and its allies are considering the deployment of troops in NATO's Eastern European countries as a precautionary measure against a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine. This was reported by CNN, citing officials of the US administration.
Countries considered for the deployment of troops include Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary - about 1,000 people for each country. The distribution will be similar to the troops currently stationed in the Baltic states and Poland.
The United States and Britain are among those considering new troop deployments, but not all 30 NATO members agree, a European diplomat said.
NATO allies are not unanimous about the seriousness of the threat, and Germany, for example, has refused to sell new weapons to Ukraine, writes CNN.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation
- » Macron approves of France giving Bulgaria Temporary Fighter Jets until the New F-16s Arrive
- » Ukrainian Cargo Plane has Flown 9 times from Varna and Burgas with "Defense-Related Products"
- » Bulgarian MiG-29s again Escorted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal on board
- » American Planes will be Involved in the Protection of the Bulgarian Sky
- » A Bulgarian MiG-29 assisted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal