CNN: The United States is Considering Sending up to 1,000 Troops to Bulgaria
The United States and its allies are considering the deployment of troops in NATO's Eastern European countries as a precautionary measure against a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine. This was reported by CNN, citing officials of the US administration.
NATO will Expand its Military Presence in Eastern Europe
Countries considered for the deployment of troops include Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary - about 1,000 people for each country. The distribution will be similar to the troops currently stationed in the Baltic states and Poland.
Source from Brussels: Bulgaria does Not Want American Soldiers, but is Ready to Accept French
The United States and Britain are among those considering new troop deployments, but not all 30 NATO members agree, a European diplomat said.
Overview: Where does Bulgaria Stand in the Tense Situation between NATO, Ukraine and Russia
NATO allies are not unanimous about the seriousness of the threat, and Germany, for example, has refused to sell new weapons to Ukraine, writes CNN.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister: "We are facing Unprecedented Hybrid Attacks from Russia”