Australia Ready to Supply Liquefied Natural Gas to Europe in there is Shortage of Russian Fuel
Australia is ready to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to European countries if they run out of Russian fuel, Federal Minister of Natural and Water Resources Keith Pitt said today.
According to him, Australia “is ready to provide assistance in response to any request, from European countries, for the supply of liquefied natural gas in the event of shortage of gas from Russia.”
“Australian liquefied gas exporters are the world's leading companies and reliable suppliers that have the ability to supply energy worldwide,” he said in an interview with the Australian newspaper. The Minister stressed that his country can meet the growing global demand and be a reliable supplier of liquefied natural gas.
Keith Pitt's statement came after the announcement that the United States was discussing with its allies and partners the possibility of supplying additional volumes of gas to Europe in the event of an aggravation of the situation in Ukraine.
The publication notes that representatives of Australian gas production and processing companies, as well as a number of ministers from the country's federal government, also took part in the negotiations in search of alternative gas supplies to European consumers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Poised to Emerge as Energy Storage Hub: Economy Minister's Talks in South Korea
- » Bulgaria: No Compensation Owed for Recent Power Outages Caused by Snowfall
- » Speculations Mount as SOCAR Emerges as Likely Buyer of Lukoil Neftohim Burgas Refinery
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Assures No Fuel Shortage Amid Lukoil Refinery Sale Consideration
- » Russia's Lukoil Contemplates Asset Sale in Bulgaria Amid Changing Conditions
- » Bucharest Hosting the 4th Edition of Energy Week Black Sea