Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
234 clinical samples of coronavirus were analyzed by sequencing at the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases. Clinical samples were taken from patients with COVID-19 in the period 03-13.01.2022.
Omicron virus variant was found in 129 (55.1%) samples, and Delta variant in 105 (44.9%) samples.
The largest number of cases of the new variant were detected in the city of Sofia. In second place is Stara Zagora.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 92 New Cases in the Last 24 hours