Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
234 clinical samples of coronavirus were analyzed by sequencing at the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases. Clinical samples were taken from patients with COVID-19 in the period 03-13.01.2022.
Omicron virus variant was found in 129 (55.1%) samples, and Delta variant in 105 (44.9%) samples.
The largest number of cases of the new variant were detected in the city of Sofia. In second place is Stara Zagora.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » An Outbreak of Bird Flu was discovered near the Bulgarian Town of Etropole
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 95 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Mayors Buy Medicines for Entire Villages as 1/3 of the Pharmacies in the Country are in just 3 Big Cities
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 116 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Situation with the Availability of Antibiotics in Pharmacies in Bulgaria is Gradually Normalizing