Ukraine's Security Service claims to have Thwarted “Armed Attacks” by a Russian Criminal Group
The Security Service of Ukraine (SSU) said on Tuesday that it had “uncovered a Russian criminal group” that planned to carry out a “series of armed attacks” on the country's territory.
The SSU claims that the group is “coordinated by the Russian special services” and that its goal was to work to “destabilize” Ukraine.
The allegations come amid a gathering of Russian troops near the Ukrainian border and warnings from the West that those troops could invade the former Soviet republic.
However, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said late last night that he believed a Russian invasion of Ukraine was unlikely in the near future.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 85 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Extends Martial Law and Mobilization by 90 Days, US Warned Moscow, Russia used Laser Weapons
- » First Russian Soldier to go on Trial in Ukraine plead Guilty for Killing a Civilian
- » Day 84 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Azovstal Troops Surrender, Moscow-Kyiv Talks Stalled
- » Day 83 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 260 Azovstal Fighters Evacuated, Dozens Killed in North Donetsk Shelling
- » The Defenders of Kharkiv region Reached the Border with Russia and Reported to Zelensky
- » Day 82 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO declares Indefinite Military Support for Kyiv, Heavy Losses for Russia