British Diplomats began to Leave Ukraine
Britain has begun withdrawing its diplomatic staff from the embassy in Ukraine amid warnings that the Russian military could invade the country with very short notice.
According to the BBC, officials have explained that there are no specific threats against British officials, but still about half of them will return home.
A few hours ago, the United States began retrieving the families of its diplomats and allowed those of its employees who are not in key positions and want to leave to do so. The reason is that a Russian invasion could begin “at any moment.”
U.S. citizens have been advised not to travel to Russia and Ukraine, and those in Ukraine to consider leaving or at least register with the emergency services system. The United States has no practice of tracking how many Americans there are in Ukraine and where they are, administration officials in Washington told reporters. It is not customary to reveal the number of diplomatic staff and how many of them or their relatives are leaving.
Moscow has repeatedly explained that it has no plans to invade Ukraine, as the State Department has warned again.
The European Union will not withdraw the families of its staff to Ukraine, Special Representative for Foreign Affairs Josep Borrell said today. According to him, the reason is that he is not aware of any specific reasons for such a move. “But Secretary of State Blinken will keep us informed,” he added. Anthony Blinken will talk via video link with his EU counterparts this afternoon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: There will be a Mirror Response to the Membership of Finland and Sweden in NATO
- » The United States Transferred $1.3 billion to Ukraine, London Promised another Billion
- » Biden and Erdogan: Grain Corridor, Syria, the Aegean Sea
- » Kremlin: Bulgaria Expelled Russian Diplomats under External Pressure
- » The US will Send more Forces to Europe and will Move the HQ of the Fifth Army to Poland
- » Day 126 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 36 People are Missing after the Russian Strike on Kremenchuk