NATIONAL TELEVISION JOURNALISTS DEMAND MEDIA CHECK
Politics | September 20, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
12 journalists from the Bulgarian National Television demanded from the Chief Prosecutor Nikola Filchev to order a check of the media. There are conflicts of interests, corruption and financial abuse in the television according to them. The journalists sent letters to the European Union for Radio and Television, to the direction `Human rights` in Strasbourg and the International Federation of the Journalists in Brussels. `There is no guarantee for independence of the so called public television and in the state television the program politics is not built on the public interest,` according to the declaration of the journalists. Among the journalists who signed the declaration are Alice Kraicheva, Dimitur Tsonev, Ekaterina Genova, Snezhana Atanassova, Daragomir Draganov, Goran Blagoev and Sasho Iovkov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Serbia does not fulfill the Agreements on the Rights of Bulgarians in the Country
- » Will we Arrest Putin if he comes to Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria: Hundreds Protested in Sofia, demanding the Impeachment of President Radev
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » The Austrian President: Bulgaria is ready for Schengen
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association