Austria Introduces Compulsory Vaccination
The lower house of the Austrian parliament (National Council) has approved a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19, world agencies reported.
The text was approved by a large majority, although it met with strong opposition from the Austrian public and sparked protests.
Mandatory vaccination will take effect on February 4.
Austria became the first country in the European Union to take such a measure, BTA reported.
The bill was backed by conservatives, Greens, Social Democrats and Liberals, and opposed by opponents of vaccination from the far-right Austrian Freedom Party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brussels proposes 5 years in prison for violating European Sanctions
- » The EU might agree on a Price Ceiling of $60 per barrel for Russian Oil
- » Third Letter Bomb found in Spain
- » OLAF: Bulgaria should Return €12 Million to the EU
- » The Netherlands could Lose a Frontex Leadership Position if it Blocks Bulgaria for Schengen
- » From tomorrow: Croatians will be able to Buy their first own Euro Coins