Bulgaria: Protest Against the Green Certificate in front of Parliament (VIDEOS and PHOTOS)
On the day with the most COVID-19 infections since the beginning of the pandemic, a protest against the green certificate blocked the center of Sofia. Demonstrators tried to storm the parliament building, and a police cordon pushed out the protesters.
Several women and police officers were taken out of the crowd after they felt sick or got injured.
Earlier, a young man carrying a gas pistol was arrested. The weapon was confiscated and the detainee was taken to the police station.
The demonstration was organized by the Vazrazhdane political party, which wants the green certificate dropped. Even before the beginning of the protest, the organizers announced that about 10,000 people from all over the country would take part in it.
The Vazrazhdane parliamentary group left the plenary hall during today's sitting of the National Assembly to join the protest.
Meanwhile, the largest police union has called on protesters to avoid escalating tensions. Before the beginning of the demonstration on the square in front of the National Assembly, a water cannon was brought.
/Nova, BNT, BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » “MarketLinks” Survey: 6 Parties in the New Bulgarian Parliament after October’s Elections
- » BSP will decide before the Elections whether they Recognize the Referendums in the Occupied Territories in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: 11 People Detained in Burgas in Police Operation against Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgarian General: The Pentagon can Strike Pre-Emptively if Russia puts its Nuclear Forces On Alert
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM: Russia's Actions are Unacceptable and Directly Violate the UN Charter