In the US more than 4,000 Children are Hospitalized with COVID-19 per week
More than 4,000 children have been hospitalized in the United States with symptoms associated with COVID-19, according to data published by the Washington Post.
The data show a historical level of hospitalizations of adolescents, as the Omicron option continues to lead to record high morbidity rates, which burden the US health care system. Cases have more than doubled in less than two weeks since Christmas when they were below 2,000.
Many families and friends gathered for the holiday, as well as for the New Year, and experts warned of a possible increase in cases after the holiday season.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday allowed Pfizer-BioNTech to administer booster vaccines to children aged 12 to 17, with director Rochelle Valensky saying it was "crucial" that this age group receive a third dose from vaccines to protect against severe covid-related disease.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine