The US has Condemned the Violence in Kazakhstan and called for Restraint
The United States has condemned the violence and vandalism in Kazakhstan. The State Department has called for protesters and authorities in the Central Asian country to restrain themselves, Reuters reported.
The department called Kazakhstan a "valuable partner" and called on all Kazakhs to respect institutions, respect human rights and media freedoms.
Protesters in Kazakhstan have killed eight police and National Guard officers in the past two days and stormed and set fire to government buildings outraged by rising fuel prices.
This morning, security forces launched an operation in the square in front of the town hall in the economic capital Almaty. A TASS correspondent reports an intense shootout between military and armed men.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans
- » Bush: The Invasion of Iraq was Brutal...I meant of Ukraine (VIDEO)
- » Day 85 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Extends Martial Law and Mobilization by 90 Days, US Warned Moscow, Russia used Laser Weapons
- » UN: Mass World Hunger Awaits Us
- » European Commission Proposed an Armaments Plan to Ensure the Security of the EU