Bulgarian Minister of Justice: A Mechanism for Temporary Removal of the PG being Considered
The best way to solve the problem of seeking responsibility from the Prosecutor General is to change the Constitution. A mechanism for the temporary removal of the Prosecutor General while the investigation is underway is being considered. This was said by the Minister of Justice Nadezhda Yordanova during a meeting of the Committee on Constitutional and Legal Affairs.
According to her, a specific mechanism is provided for the selection of an investigating magistrate to investigate data on a crime committed by the Prosecutor General.
"This investigating magistrate must have guarantees that the chief prosecutor will not interfere in his work," Nadezhda Yordanova added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Strategic Overhaul: Bulgaria Outlines 13 Defense Modernization Goals
- » Bulgaria’s Dual-Use Goods Route to Russia and Azerbaijan Raises Red Flags Amid Sanctions Scrutiny
- » Bulgaria's National Assembly Set to Override President's Veto on Armored Vehicles Intended for Ukraine
- » Bulgarian President Radev Vetoes Armored Vehicle Donation to Ukraine, Prioritizes National Security
- » National Health Insurance Fund Leadership Resigns Amid Controversy
- » Bulgarian Parliament Ratified Acquisition of Stryker Combat Vehicles for Land Forces