Bulgaria: Peak of Heavy Traffic is expected around Noon
Traffic is expected today. Police teams are on the ground ready to assist the traffic. The peak is expected around noon. This was said at a briefing by Chief Inspector Lachezar Bliznakov of the Traffic Police.
The traffic was extremely heavy yesterday. It had to be regulated in the area of Simitli, where there were many travelers from Bansko, as well as on the Struma highway. The traffic on the Hemus highway was also heavy.
Traffic Police advise that if drivers fall into the column of the Echemishka tunnel to wait, although the column looks large, it will pass quickly. It is not appropriate to use the old road, because the trucks have been diverted from there, said Ch. Inspector Bliznakov.
There will also be two reversible traffic in the area of Vladaya, two lanes are provided for entering Sofia. There will be police teams everywhere at the entrances to the capital.
There were no cases of aggressive drivers yesterday.
The holidays on December 31, 01.01, and 02.01 were calm, Bliznakov added.
"We have reported very few accidents,” he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria wants from the EC to Receive COVID Vaccines according to the Needs of the Population
- » Bulgarian Posts restored Domestic Money Transfers
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 275 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Business Lends a Hand: Career Forum for Ukrainian Refugees
- » Volunteer from Varna: Ukrainian Refugees Feel Abandoned in Bulgaria
- » Active Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria fell below 100,000