What is the Air Quality in Sofia Today
Sofia ranks 27th in the world in air quality and pollution.
At 8.00 a.m. today, December 27, IQAIR data show that the air we breathe exceeds the quality norm 5.9 times. The concentration of fine dust particles is 29.7 µg/m³, which assigns to our capital an index of "moderate" pollution.
The most unhealthy this morning is the air in the "Vasil Levski" neighborhood, the station located not far from the park hotel "Moscow" also shows increased values. The station in the Nadezhda district is also reporting alarming values.
The main air pollutants in Sofia are heating by burning wood, coal, and garbage, road traffic, and industry in and around the outskirts of the city. Specific weather conditions also contribute to high levels of pollution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City