High Danger of Avalanche on the Seven Rila Lakes
The Mountain Rescue Service in Dupnitsa warns of high avalanche danger on the Seven Rila Lakes.
There was a large influx of tourists and extreme descents on the cirque over the weekend, said Bozhidar Jokin from the rescue team in Dupnitsa:
A very strong wind blew on Sunday and Monday and it blew in the leeward northern, northeastern slopes, which created a precondition for high avalanche danger. Skiers should avoid skiing in uncultivated and off-piste terrains and wait for the snow to settle. High up in the region of the lakes the snow is about a meter. In the winding gutters and steep sections the snow is a lot, over three, four meters maybe.
Climbing the lakes in winter is a big attraction. Most of the tourists visiting the Rila Lakes hut above are not skiers, they just go for a walk, use the lift to the Rila Lakes hut and the views are great, so it is worth even just one visit there. In good conditions, a good walk to the lake "Bubreka" (Kidney) is great and leaves a lot of good impressions and emotions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny until the End of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increasingly Chilly in the Morning and Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today