High Danger of Avalanche on the Seven Rila Lakes
The Mountain Rescue Service in Dupnitsa warns of high avalanche danger on the Seven Rila Lakes.
There was a large influx of tourists and extreme descents on the cirque over the weekend, said Bozhidar Jokin from the rescue team in Dupnitsa:
A very strong wind blew on Sunday and Monday and it blew in the leeward northern, northeastern slopes, which created a precondition for high avalanche danger. Skiers should avoid skiing in uncultivated and off-piste terrains and wait for the snow to settle. High up in the region of the lakes the snow is about a meter. In the winding gutters and steep sections the snow is a lot, over three, four meters maybe.
Climbing the lakes in winter is a big attraction. Most of the tourists visiting the Rila Lakes hut above are not skiers, they just go for a walk, use the lift to the Rila Lakes hut and the views are great, so it is worth even just one visit there. In good conditions, a good walk to the lake "Bubreka" (Kidney) is great and leaves a lot of good impressions and emotions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in 21 areas in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria will be Cloudy and Rainy, Temperatures up to 8 Degrees
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » Cloudy Weather and Snow in Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Sofia ranks 59th in Air Pollution