17% of the Bulgarian Military are Women
Bulgaria is among the countries with the most female NATO servicewomen, according to BGNES.
Currently, there are 4,606 servicewomen in the Armed Forces, which represents 17% of the total number of soldiers.
"This is one of the highest percentages among NATO members. Maybe we are in second or third place in the number of women servicemen in the army," said Defense Minister Georgi Panayotov.
697 women servicewomen have been appointed to command positions - commander, deputy commander, chief and deputy chief, which is 10% of the total number of command positions in the armed forces.
"Servicewomen are appointed not only in the military formations of our army, but also in the multinational formations in international organizations on the territory of the country, as is the case with the commander of a national mobile module on the NATO communication and information system. The commander of this formation is a woman," said Minister Panayotov.
There are also women commanders in higher military schools. Such is the case with the Higher Naval School in Varna, where the commander of the cadet battalion is also a woman.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister: "We are facing Unprecedented Hybrid Attacks from Russia”
- » The Bulgarian Government approved the Military Training for Students in 10th and 11th Grades