Research Shows that the Pfizer Vaccine can only Partially Protect against Omicron
The coronavirus variant Omicron may partially evade protection from two doses of vaccine produced by Pfizer Inc. and partner BioNTech, Alex Seagal, head of research at a South African laboratory, told Reuters on Tuesday.
However, the study, based on preliminary data not yet reviewed, showed that recipients of two doses of vaccine who had a previous infection were mostly able to neutralize the variant, suggesting that booster doses may to help prevent infection. On Twitter, Seagal said there was a "very large drop" in the neutralization of Omicron compared to earlier versions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: The Green Certificate for post-illness remains
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4389 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Arriving in Bulgaria: Children aged 12 to 18 from Red Zone countries must present a PCR test
- » Highest mortality in the EU: 88% more deaths in November in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctor: There are many children infected with Omicron
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 6863 New Cases, Total Victims Exceeded 32,000