Greenpeace Distributed Coal Water to Bulgarian MPs
The environmental organization Greenpeace was active in front of the National Assembly with a call to stop the exploitation and pollution of water in Bulgaria. They are handing out bottles of water from pools exposed to pollution.
Greenpeace commented that so far most MPs have accepted the bottles of water, which they call "coal water".
"Our main topic, on which we want the MPs to work in the future, is the protection of water in Bulgaria. And when making economic or energy decisions, to take into account what natural resources are used in these areas for electricity production," told Meglena Antonova, campaign manager of Greenpeace Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Miners and Energy Workers continue to Block Main Roads in the Country
- » Bulgaria: Protesters Blockaded "Trakia" Highway and the Sub-Balkan road for almost 24 hours
- » President Radev: Bulgaria must Support all Relations leading to an End to the War in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria: Borissov promised the Protesters that Coal Plants will work until 2038
- » Bulgaria’s PM: The Plans will be Accepted despite the Protests from Miners and Energy Workers