Macedonian Media on the “Struma” Tragedy: Both Bus Drivers were not Employees of “Besa Trans”
Both drivers, who were driving the burned bus of "Besa Trans", were not at work in the company. One of them did not even have a certificate of professional competence, said the Minister of Transport and Communications Blagoy Bochvarski, quoted by the Macedonian "Focus".
"One of the drivers is not employed by the company, he had a certificate valid until November 2023. The other driver is not reported to work for any company to carry out such activity. The validity of his driver's license expired in September 2020," Bochvarski said.
According to what was published in the media, one of the drivers is Kadrim Memedi, he is 54 years old and has over 20 years of experience, and the other driver is Ljupcho Zafirov. Both have died in the accident.
In the last few months, there have been about 1,500 drivers whose licenses have expired and need to be reissued, after an investigation into the software for issuing some of the licenses and certificates, in which the former secretary general of the government, Dragi Rashkovski , is accused.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"