Zaev: Terrible tragedy, Most of Victims are Young People who were Probably Returning from a Trip
The Prime Minister of the Republic of North Macedonia, Zoran Zaev, who is on his way to Sofia, told MIA that he had talked to one of the survivors of the terrible accident on the Struma highway, who informed him that he had heard a loud explosion.
"I am in contact with Bulgarian Prime Minister Stefan Yanev, who has already visited the people. I had the opportunity to talk to one of the survivors. He explained that people were sleeping on the bus when a loud explosion was heard. They managed to break one of the windows and saved several passengers. Unfortunately, the others did not succeed, it is a terrible tragedy, because most of them are children - 12 children under the age of 18, and the others are young people aged 20-30. Most of them are our citizens, but there are also Serbian national," Zaev told MIA.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of North Macedonia, Bujar Osmani, arrived in “Pirogov” Hospital to see the victims who survived the crash on the Struma highway
He said in response to a question that, as far as he knew, the travel agency was from Skopje, and according to unconfirmed information, there were more than 10 children among those killed in the crash.
The Prime Minister Stefan Yanev was also in "Pirogov". The Prime Minister of the Republic of North Macedonia, Zoran Zaev, is also expected to arrive.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » Explosion in Munich Wounded Dozens and stopped the Movement of Trains
- » Minister Komitova: The Bus Crash on the Struma highway was not with High Speed
- » Possible End to Mass Explosions caused by Pyrotechnics during Celebrations in Sofia
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed