Tragedy on “Struma” Highway: Passenger Bus Caught Fire, Leaving 45 Dead Including Children
Tragedy on “Struma Motorway”. A passenger bus with North Macedonian registration caught fire near the village of Bosnek. Investigators confirmed 45 dead, including children.
According to initial data, 4 buses of a tourist company from the Republic of North Macedonia entered the country through the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint. They traveled to Istanbul.
Shortly before the tragic accident, the buses stopped to rest at a gas station.
The burned bus was carrying 52 passengers, 12 of them children. Only 7 people who are accommodated in "Pirogov" Hospital have survived in good condition without danger to life. The youngest patient is 17 years old.
The bodies were burned beyond recognition, which will make it difficult to identify them. It is not yet known whether there were any transfers of passengers between the buses during the break.
The incident happened around 3 o'clock in the morning.
The Road Infrastructure Agency announced that the traffic on the highway in the section from the road junction "Daskalovo" to the road junction "Dolna Dikanya" is limited in both directions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: The Fire near Lyubimets and Harmanli has been Contained
- » Bulgaria: A Bus full of Children Crashed on Trakia Highway Last Night
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed