The United States is Deeply Concerned by the Bulgarian President's Statements that Crimea is Russian
The United States is deeply concerned by statements by Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, in which he describes Crimea as "Russian". This is stated in a statement issued by the US Embassy in Bulgaria.
"The United States, the G-7, the European Union and NATO have always been clear and united in their position that despite Russia's attempt to annex it and the ongoing occupation, Crimea is Ukrainian," the statement said.
The US embassy recalls that at the Crimean Platform summit in August, everyone, including Bulgaria, declared that Crimea was an integral part of Ukraine and that Russia's attempts to legitimize the illegal occupation and occupation of the peninsula would not be recognized.
In recent days, the embassy has expressed deep concern to Bulgarian authorities in both Washington and Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits