EIGHT HUNDRED TEACHERS ON STRIKE IN RUSSE
Politics | September 20, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
The number of the striking teachers in Russe increased to 800. The German Language School in the town also joined the protesting schools. More than 13 000 pupils are in a forced vacation because of the strike. The teachers protest because their salaries are not paid for June, July and August. The health condition of the two teacher syndicate leaders that have been on hunger strike for three days,gets worse. In the evening of September 19, a silent protest with candles was organized. 1000 citizens signed a declaration in support of the protesting teachers. The directors of the protesting Russe schools invited the Education Minister Vladimir Atanassov to discuss the problem.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Serbia does not fulfill the Agreements on the Rights of Bulgarians in the Country
- » Will we Arrest Putin if he comes to Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria: Hundreds Protested in Sofia, demanding the Impeachment of President Radev
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » The Austrian President: Bulgaria is ready for Schengen
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association