Heavy Rains in Scotland and England: Completely Impassable Streets in Glasgow
Glasgow was flooded just days before the opening of the climate change summit. Serious floods were caused by torrential rains in south-west Scotland and north-west England.
In Scotland's largest city, some streets have become completely impassable after heavy rains. Public transport was seriously damaged, trains were canceled.
The light show at the city's Botanical Garden has been canceled. The situation is critical in many parts of North West England and South West Scotland.
The northern English county of Cumbria, home to the Lake District National Park, which is especially popular now during students' autumn holidays, has been hit hard.
The Meteorological Service announced an orange code for a number of areas with a forecast to pour the normal amount of rain for a month in just 48 hours.
There may be a power failure in some places.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven
- » Bulgaria: Challenging Weather in the Next 48 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue all over the Country, Temperatures will be Low