EU Council: The European Union Must Use Nuclear Power to Ensure its Energy Independence
The EU must use nuclear energy to ensure its energy independence, only alternative sources will not be enough. This was announced on Tuesday in Luxembourg by the Slovenian Minister of Infrastructure Ernej Vartovec, who is chairing an extraordinary meeting of the EU Council at the level of energy ministers, convened to discuss the energy crisis, TASS reports. "If we want to achieve our long-term goal of building an energy-independent Europe and climate neutrality [a zero-carbon economy by 2050], we need to invest more and more public and private investment in renewable energy. The sources will not be enough, we must use nuclear technologies, "Vartovets said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgartransgaz: We will Not Stop the Transit of Russian Gas
- » Study: In Three Years, Electric Trucks will be a Cheaper option than Diesels in Europe
- » The New Gas Price in Bulgaria is almost 14% Higher
- » Finance Minister: Bulgaria’s Economy can Last 6 months if Russia Stops Oil and Closes the Bosphorus
- » Deputy PM: We have Assurance from the EC that Bulgaria will be Included in the Exceptions for the Embargo of Russian Oil
- » PM: Bulgaria will Receive the Entire Amount of Azeri Gas from July 1