Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
A group of 30 men without identity documents, posing as citizens of Afghanistan, were found after an inspection of a truck on the Trakia highway in the area of the town of Kermen. and Sliven.
After receiving preliminary information yesterday, a team from the Traffic Police Sector in Sliven took action to stop a Mercedes Sprinter truck. The foreign citizens have been taken to the ODMI - Sliven, they are to be transported to the home for accommodation of foreigners in the village of Lyubimets.
The driver of the car - a 29-year-old Bulgarian citizen, was detained with a police measure for a period of 24 hours. Pre-trial proceedings have been instituted against him. Work on the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo