Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
A group of 30 men without identity documents, posing as citizens of Afghanistan, were found after an inspection of a truck on the Trakia highway in the area of the town of Kermen. and Sliven.
After receiving preliminary information yesterday, a team from the Traffic Police Sector in Sliven took action to stop a Mercedes Sprinter truck. The foreign citizens have been taken to the ODMI - Sliven, they are to be transported to the home for accommodation of foreigners in the village of Lyubimets.
The driver of the car - a 29-year-old Bulgarian citizen, was detained with a police measure for a period of 24 hours. Pre-trial proceedings have been instituted against him. Work on the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation
- » The Nexo Affair Ended in the US, but Not in Bulgaria