Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office is Investigating the Case with the citizenship of Kiril Petkov
In connection with numerous journalistic inquiries, the Specialized Prosecutor's Office informed that as early as 24.08.2021, on the basis of an e-mail signal containing allegations of a crime committed by Kiril Petkov, in his capacity as Minister of Economy, described in detail in article of the newspaper "Trud" from 22.08.2021, a prosecutor's file was opened.
A citizen's complaint, which contains identical allegations, is attached to the file. The signal for a crime of a general nature was randomly distributed to a prosecutor from the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
On 15.09.2021 the supervising prosecutor ordered a personal inspection under the Judiciary Act. The inclusion of documents relevant to the case is forthcoming, including by the Constitutional Court.
Upon completion of the inspection, the supervising prosecutor will assess whether there is sufficient evidence of a crime.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ninova: Radev's Presidential Institution is Not Enough for Him, He wants Real Power
- » Petkov: European Leaders Congratulated us, Now it’s time for North Macedonia to Act
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Lifted the Veto over North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Kiril Petkov Admitted that Bulgaria is Sending Aid to Ukraine through Poland
- » Prominent “Vazrazhdane” MP Leaves the Party with Accusations against its Leader