Speculations on Climate Change and Investment Cuts Cause Panic and Mess on European Fuel Markets
Fuel markets in Europe are in turmoil and panic because of speculation over climate change and investment cuts, Russian President Vladimir Putin highlighted on Tuesday.
"You see what’s going on in Europe, the hysteria and that mess on the markets. Why? Simply because nobody takes it seriously. Some speculate on the issue of climate change, while someone else underestimates something, and yet another one starts cutting back investments in the extractive industries," President Putin said at a cabinet meeting.
The transition to de-carbonization of the economy must be smooth, the head of state said. "We, our country, have all the capabilities of avoiding such mistakes. We are witnessing the result of some unbalanced decisions, unbalanced development and dramatic ups and downs. The European energy market clearly demonstrates this," Putin noted./TASS
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Taxes and Fees Reduced en masse in Europe as Measures Against High Electricity Prices
- » Protests over Еxpensive Еlectricity in Bulgaria, the State Announced Compensatory Measures
- » Bulgarian President Radev Called for the Causes of the Energy Crisis not to be Politicized
- » 80% of Bulgarians do not Know their Country’s Position on the "Green Deal"
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly