Court Rejects Appeal of “Bulgarian Summer” Against CEC’s Refusal to Register Party for Election
The Supreme Administrative Court rejected the appeal of the Political Party "Civil Platform Bulgarian Summer" against decision № 648-НС of 29.09.2021 of the Central Election Commission, which refused the registration of the party to participate in the elections for MPs on 14 November 2021.
Novinite.com reminds that Bulgarian businessman Vasil Bozhkov, who fled the country, stands behind the party "Bulgarian Summer". They received 94,515 votes (2.91 %, near the 4% threshold) in the April 2021 Bulgarian parliamentary election, which were inconclusive and led to a do-over in July 2021.
The SAC states:
“The Supreme Magistrates of the three-member panel accepted that in issuing the appealed decision the CEC did not commit a violation, which is a ground for its cancellation and lawfully refused the registration of the party, as the application was not accompanied by a certificate of current bank account. According to the requirement of art. 133, para. 3, item 7 of the Electoral Code. Failure to submit any of the mandatory annexes to the application for registration under Art. 133, para 3 The Electoral Code is an independent ground for refusal for registration. The CEC acts in the conditions of bound competence and performs inspection only on the submitted documents and has no right to assess the reasons for incompleteness in the annexes. Political parties with an up-to-date bank account, without which their election campaign cannot be serviced, are running in the parliamentary elections.
The decision in administrative case №10054 of 2021 is final.”
/SAC press relase
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Exactly how Popular is Delyan Peevski in DPS
- » Former Presidential Candidate Anastas Gerdjikov Continues his Term as Rector of Sofia University
- » From our News Team: How did the Elections Go in One Covid Section in the Capital of Bulgaria
- » Gerdjikov: Congratulations to the Winner. The Entire State Apparatus Worked for the Acting President
- » World Media on Bulgarian Elections: Anti-Corruption Candidate Rumen Radev Won a Second Term
- » With 99.82% Processed Protocols: Rumen Radev is with 66.70%. Anastas Gerdjikov with 31.82%