Bulgaria: Four Times More Quarantined Students Since Beginning of School Year
The number of quarantined students has quadrupled since the beginning of the school year. This was announced by the Minister of Education Nikolay Denkov. According to him, the increase in cases is smooth and no additional measures are needed. Currently, 4 schools are entirely on a rotating basis precisely because of infected children. The plan is to apply the rotation to schools in the "dark red zones".
"You know that Gabrovo also fell into such a zone and that is why rotational training was necessary. What we do in Gabrovo will be applied in other places, if necessary. Students from 1st to 4th grade will study in person, and the other classes will rotate every week," said Denkov.
The Minister of Health Stoycho Kazarov believes that it is not necessary for children in schools to be tested constantly. "We have taken the risk that the children will go to school and study in person, and if there are sick children, they will be isolated," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia: Young Students to go Online from Monday, the Rest - from Tomorrow
- » BG Ministry of Education: 20% of Absent Students are Grounds for Transition to Distance Learning
- » Education Minister: I will Support a Green Certificate at Schools, if there is such a Decision
- » Bulgaria: 11 Antigen Tests Approved to be Given to Children at Schools
- » Bulgarian First-Grader fell into a Coma after a Fight at School
- » Sofia’s Mayor: Kindergartens and Schools in Sofia Will Not Close