Rare Seen Tornado Injured People and Caused Serious Damage in Germany
A rare waterspout caused by a tornado has struck the German port city of Kiel, throwing people from boats and damaging property.
Several rowers out in the water were injured as winds of over 100km/h lashed the northern coast, police said. Four people were seriously hurt in Kiel's dockside area.
The roofs of some buildings were torn off and trees were uprooted.
Waterspouts occur when a tornado forms over oceans, rivers or lakes.
They usually disperse after a few minutes, but they can pose serious danger to boats that get close.
In Kiel, on Germany's Baltic Sea coast, members of a rowing club were thrown into the water and people jumped into the water to pull them to shore.
Images posted on social media showed the waterspout looming over the German city./bbc
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass
- » Bulgaria: Four People Died in a Car Crash on the Pazardzhik - Plovdiv Road