La PalmaVolcano: When Lava Meets Sea Highly Toxic Gas May Appear
La Palma Volcano:
Lava flowing from an erupting volcano in Spain's Canary Islands has picked up pace on its way to the sea, officials said on Tuesday.
It is now within about 800 metres of the shoreline.
The volcano erupted nine days ago and two lava rivers had formed destroying hundreds of buildings in their paths.
Late last week, officials said one of them had ground to a halt and that the second one had slowed significantly upon reaching a plain.
But the volcano's activity, which had calmed down somewhat on Monday, became explosive once more overnight with ash spewing out.
The lava is now bearing down on the small town of Todoque, where people have been evacuated from, the Canary Islands emergency volcano response department said on Tuesday./Euronews
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven
- » Bulgaria: Challenging Weather in the Next 48 hours