Bulgarian Health Ministry: Get Vaccinated, Covid Delta Variant Has No Mercy
People who have no contraindications to vaccination and have not been vaccinated should promptly start and complete the recommended COVID-19 vaccination series, especially given the fast spreading Delta variant of the coronavirus, the Health Ministry here said Saturday, referring to recommendations issued by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
The completed vaccination series with any of the approved vaccines provides better protection against severe COVID-19 infection and death, including such caused by the Delta variant. The highest level of protection offered by the vaccines is reached after one to two weeks following the administration of the last dose.
The vaccines used in the Bulgarian immunization campaign have successfully passed all three clinical trial phases, the press release said.
The false information about the vaccines circulated among the public undermines trust in the immunization process, the Health Ministry said, stressing that science is categorical that the vaccines are safe and harmless.
The Health Ministry lists reliable sources of information, which include the World Health Organization, the European Commission, EMA, ECDC, the Health Ministry, the Bulgarian Drug Agency, the National Center of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases. /BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth among Ten Poorest Countries in Europe
- » Protests against Green Certificate across Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Over 80% Drop in Restaurant Turnover after Introduction of Green Certificate
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station