EC Warns Bulgaria of Non-compliance with he EU Regulations on Spring and Mineral Waters Trade
Bulgaria continues to allow mineral and spring waters originating in the same spring to be marketed with more than one commercial description, the EC points out. The requirement for one spring - one trade name is recorded in Directive 2009/54/EO. Furthermore, unlike that directive, the Bulgarian legislation does not require the name of the spring to be indicated on the labels of those waters.
The EC decided today to send a reasoned opinion to Bulgaria for non-compliance with EU rules on natural mineral and spring waters. Directive 2009/54/EC was adopted in order to eliminate differences between the laws of the Member States governing natural mineral and spring waters in order to protect consumer health, protect consumers from being misled and ensure fair trade Bulgaria has two months to take the necessary measures to implement what is stated in the reasoned opinion of the Commission. Otherwise, the EC may decide to refer the matter to the Court of Justice of the European Union.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st
- » Bulgaria’s Town of Panagyurishte Awarded Title of European City of Sports in 2022