BNB Set to Restrict Mortgage Loans
The Bulgarian National Bank has taken a decision to restrict mortgage lending. The Board of Directors has decided to increase the capital buffer for banks' risk loans from 0.5% to 1% from 2021. The measure aims to ensure that vaults have sufficient reserves to cover losses on non-performing loans. As a rule, the buffer is increased when it is necessary to "cool" a large increase in credit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Economy Grew by nearly 5% before the Start of Summer
- » Annual Inflation in Bulgaria for July Jumped above 17%
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate
- » "Economist": A Recession in Europe is Inevitable, Bulgaria will be among the Most Affected
- » Bulgaria: Already in the Autumn we will see the first Increases in Interest Rates for New Loans