BNB Set to Restrict Mortgage Loans
The Bulgarian National Bank has taken a decision to restrict mortgage lending. The Board of Directors has decided to increase the capital buffer for banks' risk loans from 0.5% to 1% from 2021. The measure aims to ensure that vaults have sufficient reserves to cover losses on non-performing loans. As a rule, the buffer is increased when it is necessary to "cool" a large increase in credit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: How Long will the Price of Living Continue to Rise?
- » Chairman of BAIC: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria are Inevitable, the Economy will Stop
- » Forecast: Basic Food Prices in Bulgaria will Rise by Another 7% by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarians Living Abroad have Started Sending Less Money to their Relatives in Bulgaria
- » World Bank Raises Growth Forecast for Bulgaria
- » Over BGN28 billion has been syphoned off from Bulgaria since 2005