BNB Set to Restrict Mortgage Loans
The Bulgarian National Bank has taken a decision to restrict mortgage lending. The Board of Directors has decided to increase the capital buffer for banks' risk loans from 0.5% to 1% from 2021. The measure aims to ensure that vaults have sufficient reserves to cover losses on non-performing loans. As a rule, the buffer is increased when it is necessary to "cool" a large increase in credit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister is Confidant that Bulgaria will Adopt the Euro from January 1, 2024
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Envisages BGN 710 Min. Salary and BGN 3,400 Max. Insurance Income
- » Bulgaria: Record Investments are Set in the 2022 Budget
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December