UN General Assembly Opens in New York
The UN General Assembly High-Level week - a general political discussion with the participation of heads of states, governments and ministries - kicked off in the UN headquarters in New York on Tuesday.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres traditionally speaks the first, outlines the main tasks and challenges facing the international community. He will be followed by Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro and the US’ Joe Biden.
The High-Level week will last until September 27. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will speak on September 25. Other participants include Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky, and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson - over 70 world leaders in total.
Due to the pandemic, the High-Level week takes place in a hybrid format: some countries will present their addresses on a video. Sanitary restrictions remain in place in the UN headquarters, and the media are not allowed to the General Assembly Hall./TASS
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s PM: The Netherlands unilaterally introduced a New Schengen Requirement
- » MP from BSP was Kicked Out after Voting In Favor of Bulgaria sending Military Aid to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: 2,500 Euros per person to Transport Migrants from the Turkish to the Serbian Border
- » Bulgarian MPs voted In Favor of providing Ukraine with Military Aid – Will we send Soldiers?
- » Bulgaria: DPS and Prof. Gabrovski - Unanimous on the Need for a Working Cabinet
- » “Democratic Bulgaria”: A Pro-Russian March is being prepared in Sofia, agitating for a Coup d'état