Cabinet Approves Budget Estimate for Upcoming Elections 2 in 1
The caretaker cabinet Monday approved the budget estimate for the preparation and holding of the November 14 presidential and parliamentary elections, the government information service said. The cost is projected at 123.8 million leva, including a possible second round of the presidential elections.
The Election Code requires that the estimated budget be approved no later than 55 days before Election Day. The financing is
provided from the State budget following approval by the government in consultation with the Central Election Commission (CEC).
The government will approve additional expenditures on CEC's budget under the Public Finance Act if more voting machines have
to be purchased. If CEC decides to introduce video surveillance in the voting sections, the government is ready to provide extra financing. /BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 11 People Detained in Burgas in Police Operation against Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: Can we expect COVID Restrictions on the Elections in October?
- » “Gallup” Survey: GERB's Lead over “We Continue the Change” is Growing
- » "Trend" Survey: GERB Wins the Elections in Bulgaria with 5% Lead
- » Bulgaria: See the Numbers of the Parties and Coalitions in the Upcoming Elections
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory