Cabinet Approves Budget Estimate for Upcoming Elections 2 in 1
The caretaker cabinet Monday approved the budget estimate for the preparation and holding of the November 14 presidential and parliamentary elections, the government information service said. The cost is projected at 123.8 million leva, including a possible second round of the presidential elections.
The Election Code requires that the estimated budget be approved no later than 55 days before Election Day. The financing is
provided from the State budget following approval by the government in consultation with the Central Election Commission (CEC).
The government will approve additional expenditures on CEC's budget under the Public Finance Act if more voting machines have
to be purchased. If CEC decides to introduce video surveillance in the voting sections, the government is ready to provide extra financing. /BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Election Campaign Started Today
- » The Election Campaign for the November 14th Parliamentary and Presidential Elections has Begun
- » CEC Demonstrated how Bulgarians will Vote in the November 2 in 1 Elections
- » CEC Confirmed the Decision of REC-Stara Zagora to Refuse to Register Democratic Bulgaria
- » "Alpha Research": GERB Wins the Elections, "We Continue the Change" – 3rd, 6 Parties in the NA
- » Bulgarian Rapper Announced on Facebook that He Joins Kiril Petkov's Party