Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council Approves Six European Delegated Prosecutors
Meeting on Friday, the 11-member Prosecutors Chamber of the Supreme Judicial Council approved six European Delegated Prosecutors (EDPs) from Bulgaria after two days of hearings of all applicants for the position. A total of 23 Bulgarian magistrates (6 judges, 15 prosecutors and 2 investigating magistrates) applied for the position.
This is the second election held in Bulgaria, because not all applicants in the first election were approved during the final stage.
The most votes today received Elena Popova from the Bulgarian Specialised Criminal Court, the prosecutors from the Prosecutor's Office Viktor Tarchev, Stanislav Stoykov and Anna Aleksova, as well as the deputy heads of the District Prosecutor's Offices of Pernik - Anita Jamalova, and Kyustendil - Ivaylo Iliev
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria