Scientist Developed Technology that turns Coffee Grounds into Alcohol
The taste of the drink resembles that of beer
Scientists from the National University of Singapore have developed a system for converting coffee grounds into alcohol, according to the school's website.
According to experts, the alcoholic beverages obtained in this way are saturated with biologically active substances and amino acids.
Researchers note that the world produces 10 million tons of coffee each year as the drink's consumption increases. The precipitate is formed in the process of its preparation.
Coffee waste can be harmful to the environment due to its phenolic content. The sludge is also rich in carbohydrates, lipids and proteins.
Looking for a way to utilize it, Singaporean experts have developed and patented a technology for converting coffee grounds into alcoholic beverages with different flavors. Their taste is somewhat reminiscent of beer, but at the same time there are fruity, colorful and roasted notes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven