144,000 Lightning Bolts Hit Southeast Europe in Past 24 Hours
144,000 lightning bolts fell in 24 hours in Southeast Europe.
Thunderstorms were accompanied by hail as 144,000 lightning bolts have fallen in Southeast Europe in the last 24 hours.
This shows a reference from "Blitzortung" platform, which registers real-time thunderstorm activity.
About 1/4 of all of them are on the territory of Bulgaria.
One person died and another was injured in Sofia after lightening hit them during yesterday's thunderstorm in Bulgarian capital.
Thunderstorms follow the movement of the cold atmospheric front that passes over the Balkans. Hail fell in the areas of most activity in the afternoon of August 25.
The forecast for August 26 is stormy weather to move to the southern and eastern regions of the country/nova
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Took the Life of Colin Powell
- » Sofia’s St. Anna Hospital has no Free Beds for COVID Patients
- » Bulgarian Doctor: We Failed to Focus on Science in Media Communication During the Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Doctor: The Covid Certificate gives Freedom, it does not Take it Away
- » Over 75% of Adult EU Citizens are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
- » Kosovo has Become the Leader in Vaccination in the Western Balkans