GERB Returned Mandate for Government to President Rumen Radev
President Rumen Radev handed over a mandate to form a government to the candidate for Prime Minister Daniel Mitov, nominated by the second-largest parliamentary group in the 46th National Assembly - GERB-SDS. Mitov immediately returned the mandate, as his party had stated prior to today’s events.
We, at GERB-SDS, had stated from the very beginning that, unfortunately, we do not see an opportunity for the second term to be realized, Mitov said when returning the mandate. He provided the head of state with a written opinion from the GERB-SDS Parliamentary Group and said that it proposed that the second term be considered unfulfilled and that the constitutional procedure be continued. Mitov added that this allows the president to act further.
Earlier today, at a briefing at its party headquarters, GERB presented the names that would be part of a potential GERB-SDS cabinet, so that citizens can make their comparisons and know what potential the coalition has.
According to the Constitution, the president must, within seven days, instruct another parliamentary group to nominate a candidate for prime minister. If no agreement is reached on a government, the president will appoint a caretaker government, dissolve parliament and call new elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Bulgaria: The Russian Church in Sofia is Closing
- » Bulgaria: “Vazrazhdane” Supporters fought with Police and Attacked the Barricades in front of the Monument to the Soviet Army
- » Bulgaria stops importing Russian Crude Oil
- » UK: Five Bulgarians have been accused of Espionage in favor of Russia
- » Bulgaria expelled a senior Russian Cleric