G20 Summit to Consider Situation in Afghanistan
Italian PM Mario Draghi is working to organise a G20 summit on the situation in Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover, newspapers La Repubblica and Il Messaggero reported on Thursday. Italy holds the rotating G20 presidency.
According to La Repubblica, such a summit is possible to be held before October's scheduled event in Rome. Draghi is expected to discuss the matter with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday, the two dailies added.
An online meeting of leaders of the G7 grouping has already been scheduled for next week to discuss a common strategy and approach on the situation in Afghanistan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Unemployment remains at a Record Low - 4.2%
- » Moscow and Pyongyang will get Closer, Putin Promised Kim Jong-un
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: A Decision on Negotiations with "Gazprom" can be Expected in a Week At the Earliest
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is launching a large-scale Advertising Campaign to Attract Tourists