Eyewitness Account of a Bulgarian Who Managed to Leave Afghanistan
Krasi Panchev is currently in a refugee camp in Qatar and expects to return to Bulgaria.
Thousands tried to leave Afghanistan after the Taliban seized power in Kabul. However, not all succeeded. Several Bulgarians also found themselves in the country. One of them managed to evacuate by military plane and is currently in a refugee camp at the US base in Qatar.
"There are about 700 people in the camp, and they keep coming, the number is growing by the hour. There are 4-5 people living in a room, the hygiene is low because it is not possible to clean so many people. The situation is miserable, "said Krasi Panchev, who has worked at the EU's diplomatic mission in Kabul for four years.
His last task was to evacuate all mission personnel and he did.
"We are in contact with the Foreign Ministry and our consul in Qatar, they are trying to take us out through various channels, because we are not typical refugees, just because of the circumstances we found ourselves in this camp. "It's all a matter of diplomacy to get us out of here," he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results
- » Macedonian Media: Bulgaria will not lift the Blockade for Membership of RNM in the EU
- » The United States Welcomes the Clarification of President Radev's Position on Crimea
- » Position of the Bulgarian President regarding Crimea
- » The United States is Deeply Concerned by the Bulgarian President's Statements that Crimea is Russian
- » Polish President ready to Mediate if Bulgaria has a Problem with North Macedonia’s Accession to EU