Most of Illegals Migrants Caught in Sofia Are Afghani Refugees Fleeing Taliban
More than 40 illegal migrants have been detained in various places in Sofia for a day. They are mostly young men as most of them are Afghans fleeing the Taliban regime. Investigators say there are also Syrians and Iraqis among the migrants.
Most often, police find foreign nationals near the villages of Lozen and German close to Sofia or near the Trakia Motorway, where they are often abandoned by traffickers. After being detained, the migrants are accommodated in centers of the Ministry of Interior or the Agency for Refugees./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price