British National Suspected of Spying for Russia Arrested in Berlin
According to German authorities, the British national at least once handed over documents obtained in the course of his professional duties to "a representative of a Russian intelligence service"
The British national who was detained in Germany on suspicion of cooperating with Russian intelligence services has been placed under arrest, the German Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement on Wednesday.
"The investigating judge of the Federal Court of Justice today (August 11, 2021) issued the arrest warrant against British national David S.," the statement notes. It is added that the suspect was brought before an investigator on Wednesday.
The British national was detained in Potsdam on August 10. His home address and workplace were searched.
The German prosecution says that David S. previously worked in the British Embassy in Berlin.
According to German authorities, the British national at least once handed over documents obtained in the course of his professional duties to "a representative of a Russian intelligence service." It is claimed that he received cash in return.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Russian Embassy in Germany said that the diplomatic mission "currently does not have any official information received from the German side on this issue." tass
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine