British National Suspected of Spying for Russia Arrested in Berlin
According to German authorities, the British national at least once handed over documents obtained in the course of his professional duties to "a representative of a Russian intelligence service"
The British national who was detained in Germany on suspicion of cooperating with Russian intelligence services has been placed under arrest, the German Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement on Wednesday.
"The investigating judge of the Federal Court of Justice today (August 11, 2021) issued the arrest warrant against British national David S.," the statement notes. It is added that the suspect was brought before an investigator on Wednesday.
The British national was detained in Potsdam on August 10. His home address and workplace were searched.
The German prosecution says that David S. previously worked in the British Embassy in Berlin.
According to German authorities, the British national at least once handed over documents obtained in the course of his professional duties to "a representative of a Russian intelligence service." It is claimed that he received cash in return.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Russian Embassy in Germany said that the diplomatic mission "currently does not have any official information received from the German side on this issue." tass
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 95 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky admits Ukraine cannot regain all its Territory by Force, Battle for Sievierodonetsk Continues
- » Bulgaria: More than 200 Ukrainian Refugees Refuse to Leave Varna
- » Day 94 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces continue their Offensive in Donbas
- » Russia expects $14 Billion in additional Oil and Gas Revenues this year
- » US General: Sweden and Finland do Not Need more US Forces
- » Israel will Not Give Missiles to Ukraine despite US Pressure