National Assembly to Pass Resolution for Withdrawal of Plamen Nikolov as Candidate for PM
Today, the National Assembly will vote on the decision to withdraw Plamen Nikolov's candidacy from TISP for a prime minister.
This came after "There is such a people" on Tuesday refused to propose a draft cabinet for a vote during the plenary session, creating unprecedented constitutional case.
Even then, some legal experts expressed the opinion that there must be some act of the National Assembly to complete the procedure with the first term.
Yesterday, Parliament's Speaker Iva Miteva did not put such question on the daily agenda of the National Assembly, but after objections from GERB, "Democratic Bulgaria" and "Stand up BG! We are coming!" and additional consultations with the Secretary for Legal Affairs of Rumen Radev - Prof. Emilia Drumeva, it was decided that the parliament will have to confirm (or reject) the statement of Plamen Nikolov to be withdrawn as candidate for Prime-minister.
Voting is scheduled as the first thing on the program for the work of the National Assembly today.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Sudan: Growing Fears of a Military Coup Occurring At the Moment
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » 2021 Elections: 2in1 Vote for Bulgarians Abroad - 760 Sections will be Opened in 68 Countries
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Admitted that he Waited until the Last Moment to Introduce Measures