Great Day for Bulgaria at Olympics: Evelina Nikolova Won Bronze Medal in Freestyle Wrestling
Excellent Evelina Nikolova won a bronze medal in the category up to 57 kg in freestyle wrestling, defeating in the small final Valeria Koblova from the Russian Olympic Committee with 5: 0 points.
At the beginning of the match Koblova received a penalty for passivity, which led to the first point for Evelina Nikolova. Then, with a lightning attack by Nikolova, she took the lead with 5: 0. Another successful attack and the Bulgarian won the battle for the bronze medal.
Nikolova's victory came minutes after the first Olympic gold for Bulgaria from the Tokyo Games, which Ivet Goranova won in the Olympic karate kumite.
Thus, today can be characterized as the most successful for Bulgarian sport for decades. And the "culprits" for this are our women athletes, who have so far won medals. For now, the men are in debt. By the way - it was the same at the last Olympics in Rio. Then we had 3 medals. Silver to Mirela Demireva in the high jump, bronze to the wrestler Elitsa and bronze again - for our graces from the Rhythmic Gymnastics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World