Olympics: Second Medal for Bulgaria, Boxer Wins Bronze, Continues to Semifinals
Bulgarian boxer in women's fly (48-51kg) Stoyka Krusteva defeated China Yuan Chang 4:1.
The Sofia 2018 European champion and two-time world champion will continue to the semifinals, where she will fight Japan's Tsukimi Namiki.
Krusteva has secured at least a bronze medal, which will be the second medal for Bulgaria after Antoaneta Kostadinova won a silver medal in the women's 10m air pistol shooting.
"This is a dream come true for me," the 36-year-old Bulgarian boxer said, adding that this is the first Olympic medal for Bulgaria in women boxing. She gave special thanks to her coach Borislav Georgiev./BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Skyrocketing Energy Prices Are Worse than Pandemic and Will Stay Longer
- » Census 2021 in Bulgaria: Beware of Scams!
- » Bulgaria's Energy and Water Regulator under Fire over Two-fold Increase in Power Prices
- » National Protest on Tuesday to Block intersections and Border Crossings, Will Stop Buses
- » Inflation Is Something Normal in Times of Economic Recovery
- » SANS and Interior Ministry Inspect Energy Watchdog