Almost 170 Forest Fires in 24 Hours in Bulgaria
Nearly 170 forest and country fires in Bulgaria have been put down around the clock, most of them without material damage. This is according to a report of the General Directorate "Fire Safety and Protection of the Population".
On Sunday evening, a large forest fire broke out at the 76th kilometer of the Trakya highway, near the village of Kalugerovo in the direction of Bourgas.
Two fire trucks, SUVs with 14 firefighters, as well as a pickup truck with forest employees were involved in the battle with the flames. Self-wooded pine trees, dry grasses and bushes have burned.
The fire burnt on an area of about 50 acres, of which 5 acres of wheat.
On Sunday, a block of wheat burned in the land of the village of Voysil.
It was extinguished by 10 firefighters from Plovdiv and Saedinenie, but 400 decares of wheat were destroyed. Another fire destroyed 10 decares of wheat crops in the area of village of Malo Konare in Pazardzhik region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria