Tokyo Olympics: More Cases of Infected Alert Organizers
Nine further coronavirus cases have been recorded by Olympics organizers.
One athlete in the Olympic Village was among the cases, according to the organizers' daily coronavirus report published Tuesday morning.
The new cases brings the number of positive tests since July 1 up to 67.
On Monday, the Czech National Olympic Committee confirmed that beach volleyball player Ondrej Perusic tested positive for the virus.
The 26-year-old was taken to a designated hotel to isolate.
In addition to the 67 cases identified by organizers, another four have been reported by Japan's prefectures. However, the local authorities are not obligated to report when specific coronavirus cases are linked to the Olympics.
Organizers announced three athletes had tested positive on Sunday, including two footballers from the South African team who were already staying in the Olympic Village.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Firts Olympic Medal for Bulgaria: Antoaneta Kostadinova Earns Silver in the Women's 10m Air Pistol
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today
- » Euro Final in London Marked by Arrests and Violence by English Fans
- » Euro 2020 Final: Italy Defeats England
- » Djokovic Wins Sixth Wimbledon Title, Equals Federer-Nadal's tally of 20 Grand Slams